Getting Started with Java on Heroku
This is a sample Java application deployed to Heroku. It's a reasonably simple app - but a good foundation for understanding how to get the most out of the Heroku platform.
Getting Started with Java
Source on GitHub
To deploy your own copy, and learn the fundamentals of the Heroku platform, head over to the Getting Started with Java on Heroku
How this sample app works
- This app was deployed to Heroku, either using Git or by using Heroku Button on the repository.
- When Heroku received the source code, it grabbed all the dependencies in the pom.xml.
- The platform then spins up a dyno, a lightweight container that provides an isolated environment in which the slug can be mounted and executed.
- You can scale your app, manage it, and deploy over 150 add-on services, from the Dashboard or CLI.
- Check out the Getting Started guide to learn more!
Please do work through the Getting Started guide, even if you do know how to build such an application. The guide covers the basics of working with Heroku, and will familiarize you with all the concepts you need in order to build and deploy your own apps.